Ariston Hotel is located in the center of Athens, a few meters from the metro station Larissa Station and from the railway station Larissis, on the corner of Diligianni and N. Metaxa.
At the airport you can take the Metro which comes every 30 minutes. At the front of the train it should have the indication " EGALEO ".
Do not take the suburban railway (PROASTIAKOS in Greek) which comes through the same platform, because it is a bit more complicated.
You get off at "SYNTAGMA" station which is quite central, it takes about 40 minutes and you will see that most people get off there.
As come out of the train,you have to change platform and take the red line. Look around for signs " AGIOS ANTONIOS ".
Go up the escalators and you will reach the platform. Take the train and get off at the 4rth stop which is " LARISSA STATION ".
Come out off the station and you will see a main avenue. The hotel is max 100 meters from the station on the main avenue.
There is a special ticket if you take the train from the airport which costs 8 euros.
Mind your personal belongings while you are in the train or the platforms.
All signs are also in English.
The hotel location offers convenient access to:
- Central rail station - Larissis and Peloponnese Station
- Metro (line 2) takes you directly to Syntagma Square and Acropolis
- Metro (line 2) connecting to Piraeus Port and Olympic Stadium
- Suburban "Proastiakos" train to the airport
- Bus and trolley terminals to the center and the suburbs of Athens
- Archeological museum (10 minute walk)
- Omonia Square, the Old Market and Flee Market (10 minute walk)